Peoples use funnels for many things. Hour glasses, pouring things, drinking beer, funny hats, and of course, as really leaky bowls. Funnel cake is also very good, though that doesn't really apply here. Now, I'm no funnelologist (well...an amateur one if at all), but I maintain you'll get significantly better results out of your funnel if you pour things into the big end rather than the small end. That's just how it goes. It's science.
Funnels are a bit like tunnels. They rhyme, they both have holes, things go through them, and obviously, many people believe they were invented by gnomes. But there are some differences too. It's a lot easier to get lost crawling through a tunnel. I think most people view the road in life sorta like a tunnel. There are lots of dead ends, twists and turns, confusing moments, and hard times. This makes sense to me. But I don't quite think that's right. I believe that when we fully submit our lives over to God, our future is like a funnel rather than a tunnel.
Here's a question. Do you have greater faith in your inability to listen, or greater faith in God's ability to communicate? If you try to listen and are obedient, you will hear God. He's really good at what He does.
"I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is good for you and leads you along the paths you should follow." (Isaiah 48.17)
"Though the Lord gave you adversity for food and suffering for drink, he will still be with you to teach you. You will see your teacher with your own eyes. Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say, “This is the way you should go,” whether to the right or to the left." (Isaiah 30:20-21)
So be confident as you try your hardest to follow where you think He is leading you. It takes far more faith than it does brains, strength, or ability. Just get really good at the simple things Jesus teaches, and you will find your way through the funnel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment